> Initializing Name Analyzer...
> Analyzing IVT attributes...
> Analyzing xxxxxxxxxx.dll...
> Analyzing virtual inheritance...

Oops... Confuser crushed...

System.ArgumentNullException
Parameter name: key
Stack Trace :
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
   at Confuser.Core.Analyzers.VTable.GetVTable(NameAnalyzer analyzer, TypeDefinition typeDef, Dictionary`2 tbls) in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Analyzers\NameAnalyzer.Virtuals.cs:line 206
   at Confuser.Core.Analyzers.VTable.GetVTable(NameAnalyzer analyzer, TypeDefinition typeDef, Dictionary`2 tbls) in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Analyzers\NameAnalyzer.Virtuals.cs:line 216
   at Confuser.Core.Analyzers.NameAnalyzer.ConstructVTable(TypeDefinition typeDef) in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Analyzers\NameAnalyzer.Virtuals.cs:line 349
   at Confuser.Core.Analyzers.NameAnalyzer.Analyze(IEnumerable`1 asms) in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Analyzers\NameAnalyzer.cs:line 65
   at Confuser.Core.Confuser.Initialize() in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Confuser.cs:line 593
   at Confuser.Core.Confuser.Confuse(ConfuserParameter param) in E:\Source\Public\Confuser\Confuser.Core\Confuser.cs:line 242
Feb 11, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Create an issue in the issue tracker and make sure to attach the file you're trying to obfuscate.
Mar 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I have recently encountered the same misleading error message. The problem was that dependent binaries of the dll I wanted to obfuscate could not be found. When they were in the same directory, everything worked perfectly.

I have created an issue in the issue tracker here:
https://confuser.codeplex.com/workitem/8608

Thanks for providing us with this great software!

Kind regards and HTH,
Harald