Where to specify parameters?

May 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Edited May 13, 2013 at 6:18 AM
It is said that parameters can be specified.
http://confuser.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Constants%20Confusion

But where? In the UI I cannot find a place to select parameters.
I only see options to include a feature or not.

Do I have to write them in the project file myself?
If yes, is there an example somwhere?

Thanks

edit: ahhh, to specify settings in the project file you have to write it like this for example:
<confusion id="mtd proxy">
    <argument name="type" value="native" />
    <argument name="onlyExternal" value="false" />
</confusion>
I didn't see options for it, but it would be nice to be able to also specify options in the UI.
May 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Ok, now I looked trough the sourcecode and there really isn't a option to set global parameters for the confusions.
Hopefully this will be added in the coming versions. Messing with the project.xml really defeats the purpose of having an UI. :)

Thanks for the awesome tool :)
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Having no way to set parameters in GUI is intentional.
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Why is it intentional?
Whats the reason for it?

I tried to change confuser to include the parameters when using the ObfuscationAttribute in the code, but I couldn't get it to work.
It successcully reads the parameters but I can't find the Dictionary (or list) in which I should add the parameters.
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Parameters can customize many aspect of Confuser's protection and make it more powerful than normal usage. As you probably know, many bad guy used Confuser to protect malwares, making anti-viruses falsely detect Confuser protected assembly as virus. If parameters are added into GUI, even more 'script kids' would use Confuser and, cause undesirable outcome.

You can modify the line of
mark.CurrentConfusions[confusion] = new SettingItem<IConfusion>() { Id = i.Feature };
to add the parameters into SettingItem instance.