[Deconfuser] This is now possible - Will you react ?

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Hi there !

I'm a french .net developer using Confuser 1.9 (last build) to obfuscate assembly that i've done.

Since a week by now, a tutorial is available on the internet showing how to "deconfuse" obfuscated assembly (that use confuser 1.9 with max protection with even the packer).

I tested it myself and i'm able to say that it works !

I hope that you will react as soon as possible and maybe change all the protection sheme in confuser.

I'll proove all my sayings by private message (only to yck1509) in order to see for yourself.

Please, contact me as soon as possible.

Regards.

May 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Hi,

Is there a solution???
May 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Hi,

Without looking at the source code, I guess it will never be very hard to deobfuscate an open source obfuscator. I think the source of such projects need to be closed in order to prevent people from inverting the algorithm.
However , it's a great obfuscator anyway and it's good to have open source obfuscators too, so people can learn how to obfuscate.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Deconfuser is not working for the newest version of Confuser. A good protection should stand even its algorithm is public. Just like AES and SHA, although their algorithm is publicly available, their encryption and hash remains the most secure. Confuser has a relatively long history (dated back to 2010) and it remains one of the hardest obfuscator to crack at the moment, because its internal working is complex and different protection is chained together. Of course it can be cracked, every obfuscator can be cracked too, just a matter of time, but in fact Confuser is one of the best obfuscators of .NET at the moment (in my opinion).